HNN has a poll at its site that is intriguing and a kind of extension of Tim’s post on those books that have shaped America. In this case, though, the list at HNN regards those books that have misshapen views of America.
According to that criteria, I chose Zinn’s book. Here is the list:
- The Jefferson Lies: Exposing the Myths You’ve Always Believed About Thomas Jefferson by David Barton
- The Real Lincoln: A New Look at Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, and an Unnecessary War by Thomas DiLorenzo
- 1421: The Year China Discovered America by Gavin Menzies
- Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever by Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard
- A People’s History of the United States by Howard Zinn